North Karnataka Style Shenga Hindi | Easy Peanut Chutney Powder Recipe

 


Introduction

Shenga Hindi is a traditional North Karnataka recipe made with roasted peanuts and spices. It is simple, healthy, and full of flavor. This chutney powder goes perfectly with jowar rotti, rice, or even dosa. Today, I’m sharing an easy version that you can make quickly, even with limited ingredients.


🥜 Ingredients

1 cup roasted peanuts

4 tbsp red chilli powder

10–15 garlic cloves

Few curry leaves

Salt as per taste

Little cooking oil


👉 “Since I’m staying in a PG, I don’t always have access to all traditional ingredients like dry red chillies. So I’ve used red chilli powder instead—it’s simple, convenient, and still brings out that delicious homemade taste I love.”

👩‍🍳 Method / Steps

1.Heat a pan and add peanuts. Roast for 2–3 minutes.

2.Add curry leaves and roast until they become crisp.

3.Let everything cool completely.

4.Add roasted peanuts, garlic, red chilli powder, and salt into a mixer.

5.Grind into a coarse powder (not too fine).

Your delicious Shenga Hindi is ready!

💪 Health Benefits

Peanuts are rich in protein and healthy fats, which help keep you full and energetic. Garlic supports immunity, and this homemade chutney powder is free from preservatives, making it a healthy addition to your meals.

🍽️ Serving Suggestion

Serve with jowar rotti

Mix with hot rice and a little ghee

Enjoy with dosa or idli

Hope you all love this simple and tasty North Karnataka recipe. Even with limited ingredients, we can still enjoy homemade flavors!🫶✨️

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quick&helathy paneer masala curry

Green gram Dosa Recipe (Pesarattu) – Healthy & Instant Breakfast

Uttar Karnataka style spicy upma